Skip to main content

December craziness:)

Well, folks, I don't know if anyone ever reads my blog, but if you do- I guess you have realized that I haven't blogged in a while:)  I don't have as much spare time as did at one time, but that doesn't mean I enjoy blogging any less. Life marches on and it seems the older you get, the faster it marches. {Do I have any Amens?}
If you have an instagram account and follow me, you will probably know some of what has been keeping me busy, but for those of you who don't, I will give a little update:) 
December was full of chicken processing, caroling, Christmas concerts for my sisters and I, prayer meeting, travels to DE and PA to visit family for Christmas, a Christmas party for the young people and adults at church, finishing my work with the contracting business, teaching piano as well as our annual Christmas service. We kicked off the New Year by having some friends over and making eight homemade pizzas, (yes, I was in charge of getting them all made, and I loved every minute of it.) and playing Dutch Blitz along with chatting and making the most of the afternoon/evening. 
I had a such a wonderful time that night, and loved playing Dutch Blitz, even though I wracked up negative 40 something;) But I couldn't feel so horrible when one of my friends kept reminding me that they have a lower score, instead I felt bad for them;) 
And the first weekend of January, after we had company for New Years, we had a bridal shower to attend- which was exciting. (congratulations Leah and Ethan!) 
And between all of that, I have been working, doing whatever I am able, to save money for a goal I have come April. (which you will probably be hearing about in a month or two:) 
So that is why I have not been in the blogging world much:)  
This week looks like it will be a busy one as well. With piano to teach, hogs and a steer to process, errands to run in town, and work, it should be a busy week. 
And by the way, if you didn't know, here in the south-west Virginia, we have been having unusually warm weather. And we've been wishing for the cold weather we anticipated. And then January rolled in and boy did we get our cold weather. (about 10 degrees tonight) I had forgotten how cold cold weather really is:)  Soo, that should make the skiing trip my sisters and I have planned even better. And that's next week:) 
And I have also come up with some New Year resolutions...different than ever before. I have come to think about them in a new way...but that's the next post. So if you're interested in those, you'll have to wait until next post. (I will try to post it soon:)
Here are some pictures from December. I'm sorry they are not the best quality.


From my last day with contracting...put in cabinets 

Caroling in town with these wonderful friends:)
And there is the whole group:)
I was really glad to get Callie back from our friends farm. We had taken her to be bred and she was gone over a month. I am real happy to be back in the milking routine. 
Making pies is just part of the season:)
Some of the young people at a Christmas gathering. I couldn't bring myself to put one of the mustaches on...;) I guess I don't have enough spunk:)
Enjoying the cold weather in DE while visiting family. 
Processing chickens in the cold rain with the help of a friend turned out to be a lot of fun:) 
I think it rained most of December...I was waiting for snow...I guess I should have known better since I live in Virginia;)
Elijah and Faith have been over quite a bit and I thoroughly enjoy spending time around them:) 
Christmas photos with my sisters...:) love them:) 
When it's cold out, family time around the fire is a good way to spend an evening. 

And then January came... Ready to freeze us out...but guess we were asking for it:) 

Until next time,
Elise 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly. Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over. I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;) But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories. I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day. And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things we

A Child's Reminder

On the way home from church one Sunday, a little girl said to here mom, " Mom, our Sunday school teacher said God is big enough to hold the world in His hands, is that true?" Her mom answered, "Yes, dear." Then the little girl turned to her Daddy, "Daddy, our teacher also said that if we ask Him to, Jesus will live inside us. Is that true too?" "Yes, Honey." Her Daddy nodded. "And God and Jesus are the same person, right?" The little girl added. "Yes, that's right." Her Daddy answered. "Well, if Jesus is so big that He can hold the world in His hand, but He can also live in me, and I am so small, why doesn't He show through?" WOW! If you take that question and think about it differently... Christ should be showing through us! We are broken vessels and His light needs to be shining through our cracks. Think about what that little girl was asking, in a indirect way.  She didn't even realize the trut

Welcome Autumn!

Autumn....it's my favorite season of the year! Colors changing, weather cooling, my birthday, apple cider, pumpkin and apple pies, leaves falling, crisp air, camping, apple butter...so many things I love about Autumn! I love to go walking outside when the leaves are changing colors...when the air is getting crisper. And then, God knew I would love Autumn so much, he gave me a birthday in my favorite season:) So that's a big plus too:) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful season! And also, thinking about my birthday- thank you so much for giving me life! And another day to live. Thank you for Your love and mercy! You are so precious! Teach me to love You more! And that is what Virginia looks like in Autumn...but not until October;) I found these pictures online;) So enjoy your Autumn!  Until next time, Elise