Skip to main content

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly.
Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over.
I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;)
But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories.
I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day.
And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things we took for granted have disappeared. The view I see every morning out the front window, its no longer there. The dirty frying pan on the stove, is no longer there. The pictured that a younger sibling colored and left, is no longer there. The noise of boys getting excited over a new creation they made, is no longer in the background. The voice of a loved one calling my name. The embrace of a loved one who is gone...Why do I either wish these things would cease to be or take them for granted that they always will be? Why do I not take the time to notice these blessings until they are gone?
I only have one life to live, and I want to make it count, for all it's worth. I want to leave others more blessed for having known me. I want lives to be changed through my willingness to obey, go, do, and be what God has for me.  I want to enjoy every moment, because a moment can not be relived.  2016 is now gone. Did I use 2016 to make a difference?
A lot has happened to me in a span of a year. I am not the same Elise I was last year, and I thank God for that. I have a long way to go before I am perfect- won't be til eternity. But with every passing year I see myself more as God sees me, and see more of who He really is.
2017 looks like it will be quite a year, and I hope and pray that I will be a very different girl next year because of 2017 and the work the Lord does in me.
The fact that He is willing to work on me is actually quite amazing. Why did He choose me? I don't know. There is nothing special about me. But He loved me enough to die for me to save me. That is enough reason to live for Him, and that is my greatest desire. How He works through someone with so many flaws... I don't understand. And thus, I remain, amazed... and owing Him.... Everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Child's Reminder

On the way home from church one Sunday, a little girl said to here mom, " Mom, our Sunday school teacher said God is big enough to hold the world in His hands, is that true?" Her mom answered, "Yes, dear." Then the little girl turned to her Daddy, "Daddy, our teacher also said that if we ask Him to, Jesus will live inside us. Is that true too?" "Yes, Honey." Her Daddy nodded. "And God and Jesus are the same person, right?" The little girl added. "Yes, that's right." Her Daddy answered. "Well, if Jesus is so big that He can hold the world in His hand, but He can also live in me, and I am so small, why doesn't He show through?" WOW! If you take that question and think about it differently... Christ should be showing through us! We are broken vessels and His light needs to be shining through our cracks. Think about what that little girl was asking, in a indirect way.  She didn't even realize the trut

Welcome Autumn!

Autumn....it's my favorite season of the year! Colors changing, weather cooling, my birthday, apple cider, pumpkin and apple pies, leaves falling, crisp air, camping, apple butter...so many things I love about Autumn! I love to go walking outside when the leaves are changing colors...when the air is getting crisper. And then, God knew I would love Autumn so much, he gave me a birthday in my favorite season:) So that's a big plus too:) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful season! And also, thinking about my birthday- thank you so much for giving me life! And another day to live. Thank you for Your love and mercy! You are so precious! Teach me to love You more! And that is what Virginia looks like in Autumn...but not until October;) I found these pictures online;) So enjoy your Autumn!  Until next time, Elise