Skip to main content

SURPRISE!

I was so excited to see some dear, dear friends of ours at my graduation party. They came down from Delaware to surprise Olivia and I, but sadly, I was not as surprised as Olivia was. I had seen a message  go through on the iPad to our friend that contained a link for the local hotel. And being the person I am, I put things together right away... They were probably coming for my party as a surprise. Bummer, I had ruined my surprise! I also took note of the fact that they never answered yes or no to the evite we sent out through email, and of the fact that when they sent me a card, it did not say, " wish we could be there with you", but "we will be thinking of you" or something of that sort. I was not 100% sure they were coming, but I was 90% sure😉 but thankfully I had forgotten about all this, since it had occurred about two weeks prior to the party. Note: I am known for accidentally ruining my own surprises. I don't mean to, I just hear something, or see something, and automatically put peices together. My family doesn't like that too much, because they are always wondering if I know what they are planning for me even when I act like I don't. No, I am not enterierly impossible to surpirse😉 On the other hand, my sister Olivia is very easy to surprise😉 
Anyway, I was doing last minute things on the porch just before the party was scheduled to start, and I saw this car which I did not recognize pulling in the drive way.  Two of my younger siblings who were out there with me, were guessing who is was, but did not know. I did not at first either, but when the van got close enough, I remembered that link. Even though I was not really surprised, that does not mean I was not extremely happy.  I was thrilled to see them- to know that they really did make the seven hour trip to come help me celebrate and visit with us!! 
Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Gorenflo, for coming down to see us and help us celebrate! Love you guys so much!!
I do have one picture, but Mr. Gorenflo is not in it; he was getting directions for the trip home, with dad. 

And yes, that is our newest family picture hanging on the wall above us- dad's Father's Day gift😊 

Until next time, 
Elise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly. Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over. I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;) But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories. I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day. And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things we

A Child's Reminder

On the way home from church one Sunday, a little girl said to here mom, " Mom, our Sunday school teacher said God is big enough to hold the world in His hands, is that true?" Her mom answered, "Yes, dear." Then the little girl turned to her Daddy, "Daddy, our teacher also said that if we ask Him to, Jesus will live inside us. Is that true too?" "Yes, Honey." Her Daddy nodded. "And God and Jesus are the same person, right?" The little girl added. "Yes, that's right." Her Daddy answered. "Well, if Jesus is so big that He can hold the world in His hand, but He can also live in me, and I am so small, why doesn't He show through?" WOW! If you take that question and think about it differently... Christ should be showing through us! We are broken vessels and His light needs to be shining through our cracks. Think about what that little girl was asking, in a indirect way.  She didn't even realize the trut

Welcome Autumn!

Autumn....it's my favorite season of the year! Colors changing, weather cooling, my birthday, apple cider, pumpkin and apple pies, leaves falling, crisp air, camping, apple butter...so many things I love about Autumn! I love to go walking outside when the leaves are changing colors...when the air is getting crisper. And then, God knew I would love Autumn so much, he gave me a birthday in my favorite season:) So that's a big plus too:) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful season! And also, thinking about my birthday- thank you so much for giving me life! And another day to live. Thank you for Your love and mercy! You are so precious! Teach me to love You more! And that is what Virginia looks like in Autumn...but not until October;) I found these pictures online;) So enjoy your Autumn!  Until next time, Elise