Skip to main content

Florida Bound!

Hello, hello, hello! I know it's been so long since I have written, but if you read my previous posts, you'll know why I was too busy to post.
Back in mid to end of April, I went to Florida with my sister Olivia and Mom, for two weeks. What a time we had. We made many good memories together and Olivia and I packed as many "firsts" in those two weeks as possible. A few of those firsts include, flying, fishing, parasailing and going through the airport by ourselves on the trip back since mom left after the first week.
We had such a good time, and I am glad my sister made such an effort to make it happen. {thank you Olivia!!}
I will include the best pictures I have and I hope you enjoy them:)
A couple things I learned while down there are:
One- just because you have three girls from the same family doing something together, doesn't mean they all agree on what is "fun". But despite we all had different opinions, we worked together to have a grand  time:)
Two- I really like fishing!
Three- I really like flying:)
 
The day we left for two weeks of adventure:)
 

 
Our first flight-ever!
 
Banking over the bridge into Tampa
 
Arrived! 😎 πŸ˜… going from 40 degree weather to 80 degree weather! 
 
Our grandmother had our room all readyπŸ™‚
 
Sunset on the beach that first night
 
Walking on the beach is something I love to do- as long as the beach isn't crowded;) 
 
The market was one of our favorite places!
 

 
We went to see God's Not Dead 2; that is a movie well done y'all:)

We liked to swim at night after the "crowds" we're gone an the sun had set:) 
Photo credit to my sister for this beautiful picture:)
 
The water is extremely clear down there!
 
Big puffy clouds...I was always hoping that they were bringing a thunderstorm;)
 
Sweet Berries Ice cream always helps cool you down:)
 
 

 

 
❤️ her
 

 

 
The Naples Pier!
 
Dolphin watching!
 
Parasailing! 
 
Our first time!

 

 
 Walking through one of the gardens:)
 
 
Looking over her shoulder at the heron
 

 

 

 

 


 
 
 
Meeting up with friends at the beach was so much fun! 
 

 
A shot from the air when we went parasailing
 

 
 
 
On the way home
 
No editing!!
 
Leaving behind the vacation hubbub...
We had a great time and I'm thankful we had two weeks to spend together. :) 
Until next time, 
Elise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Child's Reminder

On the way home from church one Sunday, a little girl said to here mom, " Mom, our Sunday school teacher said God is big enough to hold the world in His hands, is that true?" Her mom answered, "Yes, dear." Then the little girl turned to her Daddy, "Daddy, our teacher also said that if we ask Him to, Jesus will live inside us. Is that true too?" "Yes, Honey." Her Daddy nodded. "And God and Jesus are the same person, right?" The little girl added. "Yes, that's right." Her Daddy answered. "Well, if Jesus is so big that He can hold the world in His hand, but He can also live in me, and I am so small, why doesn't He show through?" WOW! If you take that question and think about it differently... Christ should be showing through us! We are broken vessels and His light needs to be shining through our cracks. Think about what that little girl was asking, in a indirect way.  She didn't even realize the trut

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly. Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over. I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;) But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories. I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day. And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things we

Welcome Autumn!

Autumn....it's my favorite season of the year! Colors changing, weather cooling, my birthday, apple cider, pumpkin and apple pies, leaves falling, crisp air, camping, apple butter...so many things I love about Autumn! I love to go walking outside when the leaves are changing colors...when the air is getting crisper. And then, God knew I would love Autumn so much, he gave me a birthday in my favorite season:) So that's a big plus too:) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful season! And also, thinking about my birthday- thank you so much for giving me life! And another day to live. Thank you for Your love and mercy! You are so precious! Teach me to love You more! And that is what Virginia looks like in Autumn...but not until October;) I found these pictures online;) So enjoy your Autumn!  Until next time, Elise