Skip to main content

He's Always On Time

Two months have come and gone and I'm working on the third. It's hard to believe my time here in Alabama is almost up...it's gone by faster than I thought it would. 
God has taught me a lot during my stay here, but I've been so busy, I haven't had much time to sit down and write a blog post about it. While it would take too long to tell you about everything God has been teaching me, I'll share a recent lesson with you. 

When others want to know what, where, when, how and why, it's not always easy to give an answer. I've been thinking a lot about what else God has for me to do. I was pretty anxious about it last week. It made for a restless few days and nights. 
But later in the week, I was reading through some "old" journal entries, from earlier in my stay here in AL, and I had been praying for and encouraging some friends, to trust the Lord because we don't have to have the answers. If we had the answers we would not need to trust. As I was reading, I kept saying to myself, "well, Elise, it's time you remind yourself of that." I was reminded I need to trust the Lord, In Everything, whether or not I can see things taking shape for the next step. 
I don't need to know what, when, why, how, or even who will be involved. I don't know what might come, but I do know the God who is in control. My God is the same today, as He was 1,000 years ago, and will be the same forever. 
It is so tempting for me to think, "I've got to make plans. I've got to let others know. Time is ticking away!" But God is never behind. God is on time, every time. No, I can't be idle and do nothing. God has given me a brain for a reason. I must make the most of every opportunity He gives me, and always be ready to move on when He calls...or to be content when He says, "stay". 
I'm following His directions, and I've got to keep going straight ahead until he tells me to turn on the blinker. When I'm going down the highway, I can't see the exist I need until it's time to leave that road. And so God has been teaching me. I don't know what is ahead, and that's okay. He says, "give me all you have for what I've given you right now. I'll let you know when you need to start preparing for the next thing and I'll tell you what you need to do." 
And the Lord knew I need the message Justin gave this morning, on trust. 
After the message, my heart was singing, "trust and obey, for there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but- to trust and obey." 
If you want to listen to a piano arrangement of that song, I'll be uploading that to YouTube soon. 
I hope maybe that encourages some of you all out there. 
I know I don't write eloquently, but as long as I am an encouragement to others and remind you of the love and faithfulness of God, I'll keep writing. 
Until next time, 
Elise 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Child's Reminder

On the way home from church one Sunday, a little girl said to here mom, " Mom, our Sunday school teacher said God is big enough to hold the world in His hands, is that true?" Her mom answered, "Yes, dear." Then the little girl turned to her Daddy, "Daddy, our teacher also said that if we ask Him to, Jesus will live inside us. Is that true too?" "Yes, Honey." Her Daddy nodded. "And God and Jesus are the same person, right?" The little girl added. "Yes, that's right." Her Daddy answered. "Well, if Jesus is so big that He can hold the world in His hand, but He can also live in me, and I am so small, why doesn't He show through?" WOW! If you take that question and think about it differently... Christ should be showing through us! We are broken vessels and His light needs to be shining through our cracks. Think about what that little girl was asking, in a indirect way.  She didn't even realize the trut

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly. Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over. I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;) But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories. I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day. And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things we

Welcome Autumn!

Autumn....it's my favorite season of the year! Colors changing, weather cooling, my birthday, apple cider, pumpkin and apple pies, leaves falling, crisp air, camping, apple butter...so many things I love about Autumn! I love to go walking outside when the leaves are changing colors...when the air is getting crisper. And then, God knew I would love Autumn so much, he gave me a birthday in my favorite season:) So that's a big plus too:) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful season! And also, thinking about my birthday- thank you so much for giving me life! And another day to live. Thank you for Your love and mercy! You are so precious! Teach me to love You more! And that is what Virginia looks like in Autumn...but not until October;) I found these pictures online;) So enjoy your Autumn!  Until next time, Elise