Skip to main content

If Our Hearts Were Humble


As I was sitting on the porch steps this morning I was thinking about all of those who are voting today- in Virginia as well as some other states- I was thinking about what the outcome of the president election might be, and how our country is in quite a mess. And these words came to mind; they are from a hymn, that I am afraid not many know.

"If My people's hearts are humbled, if they pray and seek My face,
 If they turn away from evil, I will not withhold My grace.
 I will hear their prayers from heaven, I will pardon every sin.
 If my people's hearts are humbled, I will surely heal their land. "

"Then My eyes will see their sorrow, then My ears will hear their plea.
 If my people's hearts are humbled, I will set their nation free.
 If My people's hearts are humbled, If they pray and seek My face,
 If they turn away from evil, I will not withhold My grace."

 And that song is taken from 2 Chronicles 7:14
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves
and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Wow- isn't that something to think about? We are a proud, stubborn, and stiff-necked nation.
I see signs, bumper stickers and hear people say, "God bless America!"
But God can not bless America. We have turned aside from God, we have hardened our hearts to Him, and do evil in His sight continually.  God can not bless evil. What God says is right, we as a nation have rejected and call evil. What God has called evil, we as a nation have embraced and called good.
Who will stand up for what is right? Who is on the Lord's side??  Who is willing to following King Jesus, no matter what the cost? May God always find me as His faithful servant.
I must say, however, even if our nation has rejected God, our duty to vote against the evil leaders that arise, is very important. As I see it, to not vote is to aid the enemy. This is not just democrats against republican and the third party thrown in there, this is a spiritual battle. We must be engaged, and although we as Christians shouldn't get worked up about what is happening in politics, we do need to be informed. The decisions that are being made, not only will affect our children but they also affect our brothers and sisters around the world (and obviously here in the states.) How can we pray for them if we have no idea what is happening in the world? And I believe as responsible citizens and Christians, we need to step up and do what we can while we have the freedom to do so. Our forefathers fought hard for this freedom- we should not be so willing to sit back and let it be taken away. We are extremely blessed to have the freedoms we have today!
Wow- I didn't know I had that much I wanted to say, but hopefully, those thoughts provoked some thinking on your part:)
Don't forget to go out and vote today! And Remember- God is still on the throne and is in control!!
Until next time,
Elise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly. Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over. I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;) But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories. I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day. And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things we

A Child's Reminder

On the way home from church one Sunday, a little girl said to here mom, " Mom, our Sunday school teacher said God is big enough to hold the world in His hands, is that true?" Her mom answered, "Yes, dear." Then the little girl turned to her Daddy, "Daddy, our teacher also said that if we ask Him to, Jesus will live inside us. Is that true too?" "Yes, Honey." Her Daddy nodded. "And God and Jesus are the same person, right?" The little girl added. "Yes, that's right." Her Daddy answered. "Well, if Jesus is so big that He can hold the world in His hand, but He can also live in me, and I am so small, why doesn't He show through?" WOW! If you take that question and think about it differently... Christ should be showing through us! We are broken vessels and His light needs to be shining through our cracks. Think about what that little girl was asking, in a indirect way.  She didn't even realize the trut

Welcome Autumn!

Autumn....it's my favorite season of the year! Colors changing, weather cooling, my birthday, apple cider, pumpkin and apple pies, leaves falling, crisp air, camping, apple butter...so many things I love about Autumn! I love to go walking outside when the leaves are changing colors...when the air is getting crisper. And then, God knew I would love Autumn so much, he gave me a birthday in my favorite season:) So that's a big plus too:) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful season! And also, thinking about my birthday- thank you so much for giving me life! And another day to live. Thank you for Your love and mercy! You are so precious! Teach me to love You more! And that is what Virginia looks like in Autumn...but not until October;) I found these pictures online;) So enjoy your Autumn!  Until next time, Elise