Skip to main content

*Sighs* {and a little bit more}

Oookay....I got on the laptop today to check out some other options for my blog that I wanted to try, and I spent quite a long time sitting at the table before I realized, I really don't know enough about what I am doing to complete what I had set out to do. *sigh*  How frustrating...
Then I thought, "Why not just leave it the way it is now?...good idea, Elise. Just leave it =)"
(I chuckle to myself). I suppose contentment saves time...(haha)
Anyway...
I was thinking about "the old days" recently (I am sure most of you have memories from years ago when your family life was different than it now. That is what I mean when I refer to "the old days".)
Back in the old days, school did not take all day, if I was diligent, and my free time was filled with outside activities with my siblings. Our family never did many activities outside our home, such as soccer, AWANA, and those types of things. (laugh if you want, but I really did have a wonderful child hood). Instead we played Indians, pioneers, and used our imagination to come up with fun ways to spend our free time. My older brothers were not in college, and there were still babies in the house. Everyone was there for every meal. We talked about the day when the first one of we children would get married, and it seemed it would be "eons" before any grandchildren would be on the way. We talked about college, like it were some thing of the distant future.  We talked about the group of young people at church breaking up as we all went in different directions- but that too seemed to be a long way away. We would talk about "what I want to do when I grow up", and we thought those days would never come....I remember when I thought that 12 years old, was "so old"....
But here I am, sitting here, thinking about all the change that has taken place. I am going to be 20 this year, and though my birthday is many months from now, I know it will fly quickly, because it seems like just yesterday, we we celebrating 2015 as a new year.  Now my older brothers are almost through with college, and my sister, Olivia, and I have graduated high school too. My oldest brother, Elijah, is married and He and Faith are expecting their first baby; my first niece or nephew, Mom and Dad's first grandchild. Our young peoples group is slowly breaking up as we each pursue what God has for us. One of my friends is getting ready to leave for Ireland on a summer mission trip. Gone, across the ocean, for a whole summer. We almost never all sit at the same table and share a meal, unless Elijah and Faith come over for Supper.  It's even hard to get all those still left at home in the same place at the same time. With Dad, Me, Olivia and Lydia working, and Josh is college, it seems that one of us is always gone.
The old days were not somehow any better then over now, but they were different. And sometimes change can be hard on a family, on a community....
Sometimes I wish things could be what they were years ago, when life was the same, day after day. But at the same time, I am excited about all the changes that time has brought...and I am thankful for the new people and opportunities God has brought into my life.
I know there are a whole lot of changes coming as we continue into 2016...and I intend to blog about the things I learn, the people I meet, and new stages of life God brings my way.
I am pretty sure I have some old pictures I can share with you...from the old days:)
Wow-all together and that was 2012, I believe
The young guys from church

We had goats for nine years...and have only had our cow for a year now, but it seems like it's been longer than that!


Sophia in the snow 

snow days

hmm, I personally think Olivia and I have changed a lot

wow- Kristen is not baby anymore!

When Elijah was still single;p

Lydia's hair was still long:)

 Most of them look like little kids ( I wasn't in the picture, but I am sure I looked much younger;) 

hahaha

shew! Days gone by!



I wouldn't say I looked wonderful- but hey, it is what it is=) 


waitress' at a valentines banquet: 

Elijah and some of his friends at a re-enactment 



wow- hasn't Josh changed a lot? Well, he is always in his room studying, so I guess you might not know that;P




weird poses with my sisters


At Fort McHenry 


Singing the national anthem at a independence party

Josh=)

Kristen

Wow- so much changes in just a few years!

And The Amy Post I have known for 12+ years, got married in 2013, and she has her own little girl now! 

This little girl is not so little anymore!

I reaaallly miss our goats;(

the youngest is always so spoiled...but she was so cute;)

wow- I like to think I have changed since then (hahaha)


Yes, we have received many comments on our "sunglasses picture"

Love this picture:) 


I hope you enjoyed the pictures, and chances are, if I have known you for a while, you might find yourself in one of those pictures:) 
Annnnd....if you got past all the pictures, I have some more news for you...
If everything goes as planned, I will be moving to Alabama soon.  I will be moving so that I can work in a children's home! I am very excited, as you can probably imagine! My goal, right now, is to leave in April- I do not have dates yet. If you want to look at the website for the children's home and learn more about it, it is called, Adullam House. Type that in and it should come up:) 
So that is the news that was coming your way;) 
I will be volunteering for three months:) I do plan to keep blogging while I am down there, if you were wondering;) 
If you have questions about this new change in my life- you are welcome to email me, or text me:) 
As my departure time gets closer, I will keep you all updated. I would so appreciate it if you would keep me in your prayers:)  I like to have everything planned out in advance, but with this new chapter, I can not do that. So it has been a good opportunity for me to trust that God is working everything out and I should not worry about the details. 
"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only today of its strength." -Charles Spurgeon
And a sparrow does not fall without the Lord knowing about it. I am so incredibly thankful for a God who loves me so much!
Until next time,
Elise 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly. Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over. I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;) But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories. I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day. And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things we

A Child's Reminder

On the way home from church one Sunday, a little girl said to here mom, " Mom, our Sunday school teacher said God is big enough to hold the world in His hands, is that true?" Her mom answered, "Yes, dear." Then the little girl turned to her Daddy, "Daddy, our teacher also said that if we ask Him to, Jesus will live inside us. Is that true too?" "Yes, Honey." Her Daddy nodded. "And God and Jesus are the same person, right?" The little girl added. "Yes, that's right." Her Daddy answered. "Well, if Jesus is so big that He can hold the world in His hand, but He can also live in me, and I am so small, why doesn't He show through?" WOW! If you take that question and think about it differently... Christ should be showing through us! We are broken vessels and His light needs to be shining through our cracks. Think about what that little girl was asking, in a indirect way.  She didn't even realize the trut

Welcome Autumn!

Autumn....it's my favorite season of the year! Colors changing, weather cooling, my birthday, apple cider, pumpkin and apple pies, leaves falling, crisp air, camping, apple butter...so many things I love about Autumn! I love to go walking outside when the leaves are changing colors...when the air is getting crisper. And then, God knew I would love Autumn so much, he gave me a birthday in my favorite season:) So that's a big plus too:) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful season! And also, thinking about my birthday- thank you so much for giving me life! And another day to live. Thank you for Your love and mercy! You are so precious! Teach me to love You more! And that is what Virginia looks like in Autumn...but not until October;) I found these pictures online;) So enjoy your Autumn!  Until next time, Elise