Skip to main content

Hello Again...

Time passes so quickly! It's almost June- can you believe it?!   And actually, that's the reason I have not posted in a while. I am preparing to graduate high school in June!  That is the reason for the senior photo shoots- in case I did not tell you :)

My family and I did take a trip to Florida two weeks ago, so I will hopefully be posting about that soon :) We were able to stop and see some good friends in Georgia as well, which was a blessing.

Since Dad had off work yesterday because of Memorial day, we were able to get some work done around our place.  We got a whole lot of periwinkle planted in the front of the house. The guys were able to work on the new cow shed. We did some yard work in the back of the house too.

Oh yes, you should also know, this past Saturday morning, our little calf was born! He is so adorable- we named him Scotland, Scottie for short.  I'll be posting pictures of him too.

Hm, it looks like I have lots to post about. =)

Until next time,
      ~ Elise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly. Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over. I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;) But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories. I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day. And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things w...

Reflections

Reflections are very interesting...they help you see the objects and scenery around you in a new way. I took some neat reflection shots today, and thought I would share them:) A smiling face in a tea cup:) Yes, I know, the computer screen is pretty dirty;) And while we are on the subject of reflections...I thought I would "reflect" on January so you get a little update on what I have been doing:) Since I was working in the general contracting world for several months, I learned some useful skills, and have recently been putting them to good use here in my home. We built our home many years ago, but moved in before the interior was finished. Doors needed to be put up, base trim, door trim, and painting all needed to be done. So now that I have those skills, and some time, I have taken on the job of finishing the inside of our house:) When I get a chance, I will take some pictures of projects I finish and post them for you. Besides that, I am still te...

CLASS 2015

Olivia and I are so excited to be finished with high school! We were able to attend the Richmond HEAV homeschool graduation ceremony and we enjoyed it very much.  We are also very grateful for our parents and family who helped us host a party to celebrate this mile stone for us!  The forecast was calling for rain and although we prayed that the rain would hold off, it rained anyway. But God knew we needed the rain to cool off our 95 degree day!  A big storm rolled in around 2:30 just as we were getting ready to eat lunch, but thankfully the downpour did not last more than 10 minutes. After lunch, it continued to rain a steady rain with little breaks now and then. But who says you can't play volley ball in the rain?  So we played anyway. We had a lot of fun- I hope everyone else did as well.  Thank you to everyone who came out and helped make our day such a special one.  After volley ball had been exhausted, we jammed on the porch/patio for a while and that ...