Skip to main content

Waiting V.S Seeking

       Before you read this, I apologize for how long it takes me to get a point across. I hope you understand my point with out too much trouble ;)    

  Many people have asked me if I plan to go to college now that I am graduated high school; I normally reply that if God so wills, I will do so, but as of right now, I do not see Him leading there.  And I have been thinking about that response recently, and it seems that there could be an attitude behind that mentality that is seen in many young peoples lives, within the "christian" circle.
I know some young people who have not really done anything with their life after they graduated high school.   This is not to say that they are wrong for not going to college, as I do not believe everyone needs to go to college. But if you are sitting around "waiting for God to show you what to do" and it's been a couple years, maybe you are not diligently seeking God's will for your life. 
I do not mean to make this task out to be an easy one, for I have now joined the group of young people who have graduated and are now searching for the next step, and I do not find it easy. 
  But while you are unsure of what to do next, look for people around you who have needs that you can meet, and look for the open doors that God places in front of you instead of sitting at home, waiting for God to "bring it to your door step." God is not going to send you an email telling you what the next step is; you have to actively look, and God will open doors where He wants you to go. 
Just because you are not going to college, does not mean you are idle.  College is not the answer to everything.  God has opened a door for me to start my own natural soap business and I plan to continue investing in that now that I have more spare time.  But I know that is not the only thing that God has for me to do.  
I see this "waiting mentality" mostly in young women who have finished school. They wait for "God to show them what is next" and they wait around hoping to get married to a wonderful guy who loves the Lord.  It's good to want a godly man, but you can't just sit at home, hoping he is going to come find you.  And besides, most guys want a girl who is doing something useful and productive with their life- a girl who has a bigger purpose than to just get married.  Someone who wants the Lord to use them to make a difference in the world around them, and is seeking God's will on how they are to do that.  They are active!  And what if god does not have marriage for you? What then? You will be sitting around for a long time and waiting for something that is not going to happen.  We don't know if God has marriage for us, no every girl gets married. And that goes back to having a bigger purpose in life than just getting married :)  We need to actively be seek God to know what he wants us to do and we have to be looking for the doors God opens for us. 
Some of you farm girls out there are probably thinking, "Well, I guess I won't get married because I have to keep working on this farm.  I have to just sit at home and just work away on the farm."  But that is not true! First of all, you have to think of it differently.  Depending on how big your farm, your farm may be a full time job. So you are doing something, you are serving your father, family and maybe even community by working on that farm.  People are not going to look at your everyday life and think you sit at home and do nothing. You are busy working everyday- it just doesn't look like everyone else, but that's okay- every one's life looks different. Now if you live on farm but it does not take all your time and energy, maybe you could/should look into be active else where so you do not spend your spare time idly. 
There are all kinds of ways we young people can be busy doing the things God wants us to do and even many ways of looking for the path god has for us, but sitting at home, "waiting for God" isn't really seeking to know what God has for us and you won't know that God has already opened doors for you in a certain area if you are not actively looking :) 
 I hope that was not too tedious to read or hard to understand- I'm not real good at writing out my thoughts in a straight-forward  way :) 
Congratulations to all of you who have graduated this year and are now seeking God's will on the next step.  Remember to actively seek the Lord and He will open doors for you in the direction he wants you to go! Always follow His leading, even if the crowds say it's crazy! 
God bless you as you seek Him and His ways! 

Until Next Time
~ Elise 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing unnoticed

Sometimes it seems like life moves very slowly, and other times it seems that it moves very quickly. It seems that the opposite of what I want, happens. If I wish for it to move slowly, it moves quickly, and if I wish it would move quickly, it moves slowly. Nevertheless, the past 5 months have come and gone like a flash. I can hardly believe January is almost over. I realize that there may be very few people who read my blog; perhaps a lot of that has to do with how infrequently I write. ;) But I was thinking about what I might blog about and looking through pictures... I guess it is really the little things that make up a beautiful life. It's the little things everyday that make fond memories. I tend to be so task oriented that I forget to stop and notice the dew drops on the flower, the frost patterns on the window, the unique sunrise... the smiles which are flashed at me every day. And then- suddenly these precious times are gone. It's a new stage of life, the things we

A Child's Reminder

On the way home from church one Sunday, a little girl said to here mom, " Mom, our Sunday school teacher said God is big enough to hold the world in His hands, is that true?" Her mom answered, "Yes, dear." Then the little girl turned to her Daddy, "Daddy, our teacher also said that if we ask Him to, Jesus will live inside us. Is that true too?" "Yes, Honey." Her Daddy nodded. "And God and Jesus are the same person, right?" The little girl added. "Yes, that's right." Her Daddy answered. "Well, if Jesus is so big that He can hold the world in His hand, but He can also live in me, and I am so small, why doesn't He show through?" WOW! If you take that question and think about it differently... Christ should be showing through us! We are broken vessels and His light needs to be shining through our cracks. Think about what that little girl was asking, in a indirect way.  She didn't even realize the trut

Welcome Autumn!

Autumn....it's my favorite season of the year! Colors changing, weather cooling, my birthday, apple cider, pumpkin and apple pies, leaves falling, crisp air, camping, apple butter...so many things I love about Autumn! I love to go walking outside when the leaves are changing colors...when the air is getting crisper. And then, God knew I would love Autumn so much, he gave me a birthday in my favorite season:) So that's a big plus too:) Thank you Lord for such a wonderful season! And also, thinking about my birthday- thank you so much for giving me life! And another day to live. Thank you for Your love and mercy! You are so precious! Teach me to love You more! And that is what Virginia looks like in Autumn...but not until October;) I found these pictures online;) So enjoy your Autumn!  Until next time, Elise